What is the color blue?

Pick a color, any color. Blue! Is blue just a color? No. Blue is more than just a color.

Blue—blue is your favorite old blanket that you got for Christmas three years ago, that you still use to curl up in and re-watch all of you old Disney movie on VHS.

Blue—blue is is the ocean, rocking you to sleep at night while you dream of gumdrops and lollipops.

Blue—blue is still the color of your walls, the walls you mom and dad absolutely HAD to paint blue when you were six years old.

Blue—blue is that old, oversized, beat up sweatshirt hanging in the back of your closet that might not go well with jeans, but transforms you into the fashionista of loungewear. Just add some stylish flannel pj pants.

Blue—blue is your worn-down, two year old sneakers that you now use to mow your front lawn

This color is one of trust, honesty and loyalty. It is sincere, reserved and quiet, and doesn’t like to make a fuss or draw attention. It hates confrontation, and likes to do things in its own way.

Blue seeks peace and tranquility above everything else, promoting both physical and mental relaxation. It reduces stress, creating a sense of calmness and relaxation.

4 thoughts on “What is the color blue?”

1. Emma, THIS is why I press you to publish your writing on your blog :- )

Gorgeous work. Thank you for the wonderful thoughts.

2. I really like your style of writing! It really hooked me. I guess because it is so different it really made me want to read it. Blue is my favorite color! I can never get tired of it. Nice writing!

3. My favorite color is probably a mint green but blue is a pretty color too! I love all the reasons that you wrote.