Challenge Week 2: The Salt Lick

I don’t know about you but…

If I’m going to drive for many hours to the best restaurant, out in the middle of nowhere to get some food, it better be incredibly good and perhaps life altering! The bar was set high.

Arriving on a Sunday afternoon, we hoped for a minimal crowd. The massive parking lot was *full* and we ended up being told we’d have a 45 minute wait. Happily, we were seated in only 10 minutes. This limited our exposure to the live, amateur country music which was causing my ears to nearly bleed.

As for the BBQ, it was all stupendous. The unique sauce just made it that much better. However, they really didn’t have a true hot sauce. Seeing our crestfallen faces when we couldn’t get our spice on, they kindly brought us pickled jalapeños that were not on the menu! Pro tip: They are atomic and sweat inducing!

To combat the long lasting burn, we enjoyed a wonderful blackberry cobbler with nice cold ice cream. What a great end to a delicious meal! Only one more hour back to our destination and worth the drive.

If you have a chance to come here, it’s a must. People trek here from around the world! We happily gave directions to a large group of lost, camera wielding Japanese tourists on our way out!

If you can only order one thing, it’s called BRISKET. I now know what I want for my last meal. Salt Lick BBQ!

One thought on “Challenge Week 2: The Salt Lick”

1. Yes, the blackberry cobbler! No matter how much brisket I eat, no matter how much bread, cole slaw and potato salad I eat, I still have to order the Salt Lick blackberry cobbler. It is perfection.